B.Sc. Fashion Design
The apparel fashion industry is one of the largest industries in India. The global fashion industry’s expenditure involves millions of rupees each year on soft goods ranging from the latest fashion apparel to a basic garment. The course helps the students to prepare for the fast-paced exciting apparel industry. The program enables the students for careers in apparel and soft goods design and development. The syllabus includes apparel construction, patternmaking and computer aided design. Fashion designers use their creative and technical skills to design products, develop patterns, monitor quality control and assure and coordinate sourcing activities. Students who are creative and technologically good have an advantage in today’s global fashion industry.
- An aspirant seeking admission to the first year in B.Sc. Fashion Design must have passed the higher secondary examination from a recognized board of education.
- The course shall be extended over a period of three years comprising of six semesters with two semesters in one academic year. Examination shall be conducted at the end of every semester for the respective subjects.
On completion of the course, students can choose from diverse employment opportunities in the industry such as –
- Assistant Designer
- Production Assistant
- Fabric Specialist
- Trend Manager and Assistant Manager of Quality Assurance
- Costume Designer for Film/ Theatre
- Bridal Designer
- Pattern Maker
- Retail Merchandiser
- Visual merchandiser and CAD Designer
A fashion designer is showcased when he/ she is equipped with the essence of fashion, design and attitude. Our course helps young aspiring designers to think out of the box and get innovative with their designs. Our course is not just about fashion, style or trend but also setting up right attitude into youngsters at the right time. Here designing is induced with passion and standards of design education are set with creative educational culture, development of problem- solving capabilities and by promoting design competencies. Our curriculum is based on the emerging trends and development in the fashion industry, which gives the students an edge when they start their career. We also arrange for internships with the top fashion houses so that students get exposure and learn to leverage their skills in fashion designing to build a career in this highly competitive industry. In the journey with us, you will witness a striking approach where theory goes alongside practice. Learn that creativity is a gift to be nurtured, nourished and stimulated continuously with passion and dedication.
We are Al- Salama and we are glad to meet you.
- Introduction to Textiles
- Fashion Art & Design-Practical
- Basic Pattern Making-Practical
- Textile Science
- Fashion Sketching-Practical
- Pattern Making & Drafting-Practical
- History of Indian Costume
- Fashion Illustration & Accessory Design-Practical
- Textile Designing-Practical
- Basic Computers-Practical
- Pattern Making & Construction -Practical
- Historic Costume
- Fashion Apparel Design
- Textile Weaving and Printing Technology
- Fashion CAD-Practical
- Garment Manufacturing Technology
- Human Resource Management
- Theatre Costume-Theory & Practical
- Designer CAD-Practical
- Industrial Pattern Making & Construction-Practical
- Fashion Merchandising and Marketing
- Knitwear Design Technology-Theory & Practical
- Fashion Research & Surface Ornamentation-Theory & Practical
- Designer Art Portfolio(project)
- Designer Collection (Project)